Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Day 5:Favorite Quote

This one's a hard one haha. I have so many awesome Bible verses, CS Lewis, John Piper, James Tealy, Voddie Baucham, Clayton King, Matt Orth, etc quotes to choose from that I've always loved. But I'm gonna have to stick with a CS Lewis one, just because its on my facebook box thing. haha

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."

Pretty awesome right? Its straight forward, to the point. I actually did a one page paper on this quote for my senior portfolio in english this year, and my teacher said because of it he is going to start going to church again,preferably a Protestant church.(he hasn't been since high school, and that was a rare happening..Catholic btw) Oh. and I have nothing against Catholic churches, thats just what he said haha. Anywho, I went into a lot of detail on this quote, but it did end up getting super hard because this quote doesn't need much explaining haha. There's no possible way you can make it dark outside by writing darkness on the wall.. right? CS Lewis is pointing out that that is EQUAL to trying to diminish Gods glory by not worshiping Him. As much as I don't worship Him by putting other things in front of Him, He's still glorious beyond comparison. It doesnt matter what I do, He's GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment