Friday, January 21, 2011

No facebook for one month!

I've been praying a lot lately about facebook, and how much of my time it takes up when I could be studying Gods word, being a better friend to someone etc. And how tired I am of seeing all the drama and scandels based around facebook(grow up! haha) So, I finally (wo)man upped and deactivated it last night. Woo! First day of no fb: successful!
There's been a TON of things on my mind lately, but because of me spending time on fb too often, I haven't really sat down and blogged, which is such an awesome way to get things out of my system. And to just do. So I am now starting a month long blog game thing for myself(unless one of my other 5 followers wants to take part in it, also haha) along with actually blogging whenever I feel the need to.
The "game" is: Choose a song you hear on the radio at some point that day, and either take one lyric or the whole thing and say what it meant to you.
I've been hearing some awesome one liners almost everyday lately, so I might as well blog about them haha.

So for day 1!
I actually heard a ton of songs today that got to my heart. The lucky(or since I'm a Christian I should say blessed haha) winner is:

We Fall Down
"We fall down
and lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Your Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb"

How often do we sing common songs like this in worship at church/camp or while in our car when they come on the radio? A lot. How often do we actually take the lyrics, and not only think how awesome they are but actually apply them to our lives? Rarely.
Well, maybe I'm just talking about myself haha.
"we fall down, and lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus." What if I really FALL DOWN and lay my crowns, or in other words my blessings, rewards, happiness, etc, at His feet? What if daily I spent time in prayer? Not just in prayer but ON MY KNEES? Its amazing what happens in your heart when you actually fall down and praise God and pray. Its a truly humbling experience that is difficult to describe. And so often I do not lay my crowns at His feet.. "the greatness of Your mercy and love.." Gods mercy and love. Wow is the only word I have to describe that right now. And not only is it great all the time, but even greater when we lay everything at his feet!
"And we cry holy, holy, holy..." Holy. Holy. Holy. Separated. Separated. Separated. 3 times. In the times the Bible was written, there was no "all caps" or "bold font," so in order to emphasize something, it was to be more than once. "Holy Holy Holy" God is Holy, Holy, Holy. In modern times that would be HOLY!!!!! Shouldn't that take more meaning in our lives? What if we actually thought of God like that? What if we actually gave everything to Him at the altar? What if we actually fell down for Him and really meant it?


What if we stop saying what if and actually DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment